Inky scratchers and bedroom bards we want to pick your brains...
Masque Theatre is looking for three dark tales to spin this October on the (haunted) Playhouse Stage.
Whether it's a psychological thriller, a tale of the unexpected, a spooky story or murder most horrid, we'll read all submissions (as long as they're a bit 'orrible and about half an hour long).
Send your submission to email@example.com
The deadline is midnight on 30 June 2019.
Plays must fulfil the following criteria:
- Not previously performed.
- 20-30 mins long.
- Requiring no more than five actors (doubling is fine!).
- Must be an original work and sole creative property of the writer (though homages and reworked ancient tales are fine if sources are acknowledged).
- All submissions will be read by a committee of Masque members.
- Nine scripts will be chosen to be read aloud at a scratch night for the writers and invited contributors. From which three will be selected to go to full production.
- Writers may apply to direct or appear in their pieces if they wish but this is not essential.
- The three selected writers will be given four VIP tickets to the gala night. All contributors will be given a ticket.
- The writer will retain sole rights to their work.
- No cash payment is offered for the script but Masque will cover all production costs and give full credit to the authors.